Tuesday, 5 August 2014

My first Miu Miu

::why this bag::
In my search for the perfect black bag, I stumbled upon this lovely piece on instagram. Jodidayscloset was selling her pre-loved Miu Miu satchel/shoulder bag for a fraction of the price.  After a couple more pictures and questions back and forth, I decided that this was it.  This bag meets almost all my criteria: it's black, it fits my Asus Zenbook, it holds a lot, it's simple, a good price, in excellent condition and lastly, it's a Miu Miu.  My affection for this name actually came from the movie Thor, but of course, that's another story.  :)

::on the outside::
This bag is made of really soft black pebble leather, with gold hardware.  It measures about 16" x 12" x 6", with just a magnetic button closure to keep the bag partly closed most of the time.  The bag still smells faintly of leather (mind you it's an 2008-2009 bag.) The straps are adjustable on both side, as well as an adjustable opening.

::on the inside::
As I've said, this bag can fit quite a bit on the inside, however, it only has the one big compartment and one zipper compartment.  The lining is made of black nylon.

::the verdict::
I purchased this bag second hand and paid a decent price for it.  I've taken it on a trip and it's hold up quite well, taking quite a bit of abuse. So far, no regrets at all and in fact is quite glad I didn't miss out on this bag. I am glad this isn't the common Miu Miu bow bag as I found that a little too girly and I may be just a tad too old for it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment